Bioblitz at Gary Giocomini Preserve and French Ranch Preserves - Hosted by Marin County Parks and One Tam
Join Marin County Parks and One Tam at the scenic Gary Giacomini and French Ranch Preserves as we try to identify and document every living species we see! Hone your naturalist skills, learn to use the iNaturalist smartphone app, and contribute valuable data about Mt. Tam's biodiversity. No smartphone? No problem! No experience or special equipment are necessary, just bring your enthusiasm for science and nature. We will be exploring the grasslands to look for rare species and weeds alike!
We will be taking observations in the field from 9 AM to noon, and then move to a nearby wifi-enabled location to eat lunch, discuss identifications, and upload our observations.
Age, Skill, and What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 8 and up are welcome. Participants under age 16 will need a parent or guardian present.
- Closed-toe-shoes are required. Bring layers in case of weather changes, and be sure to bring a hat and sunscreen.
- Bring a lunch and a personal water bottle. Extra water and snacks will be provided.
- It is recommended that you bring a smartphone with the free iNaturalist app downloaded. Pairing up is also an option, and we will have some GPS cameras for teams to use as well.
- No experience necessary. Training and guidance will be provided.
Meeting location: Roy's Redwoods Preserve, 110 Nicasio Valley Road, Woodacre, CA. We will be carpooling from the meeting location to the preserves, as parking is very limited. Important details on parking and getting started in iNaturalist will be emailed to participants.
We do encourage carpooling to this event. If you are interested in carpooling, please email Rosa schneider at email@example.com with the email subject line of "Bioblitz carpool".
Contact information: Rosa Schneider, 415-484-3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org