In light of the current tragedy in Butte County and poor air quality, we are shifting our Day of Thanks volunteer day and replacing it with Day of Thanks: Camp Fire Donation Drive. At the Mill Valley Community Center we are hosting a mini donation drive for the Camp Fire relief effort and a poster making session to welcome back the Marin County Fire Department.
Join us in thanking our first responders for all their hard work and in supporting those who are affected and displaced by the Camp Fire. This Saturday, One Tam will be accepting donations for the Oroville Hope Center and Butte Humane Society. Stop by with a donation and help us make personalized thank you posters for the Marin County Fire Department.
Below is a list of needed items in NEW condition:
- Gift cards (Visa, gasoline, grocery, pet store)
- Backpacks, duffle bags, luggage
- Undergarments, warm gloves, mens big shoes, kids underwear
- Non-perishable food, ready-to-eat meals, paper productsFolding chairs
- Can openers, ice chests
- Hair brushes, hair ties
- Non-latex gloves, food handling gloves
- Toiletries/Hygiene, chapstick
- Sleeping bags, air mattresses, tents, bedding items, heavy blankets
- TowelsPet supplies: wet and dry food for cats and dogs, litter, leashes, dog/cat crates, check out: https://buttehumane.org/wishlist/ for more items
Meeting location: Forest Room, Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, CA 94941 (google map)
Information can be found on the webpage.
We apologize for any inconvenience, thank you for your efforts in supporting the fire victims and first responders!